Airtel 4g Hotspot Wi-Fi Router E5573Cs-609
Price is : 1780/- Rs. + Courier Charges
Airtel has slashed the price of its 4G Hotspot portable Wi-Fi device as it attempts to bring more consumers on its network. The Airtel 4G Hotspot allows users to connect multiple devices, from smartphones and laptops to tablets and smart TVs, on a portable network for connectivity on the go.
With this price cut, Airtel is bringing the fight to Reliance Jio as its JioFi M2S 4G hotspot device is also priced at Rs. 999. Before the price cut, the Airtel 4G Hotspot was available at roughly Rs. 2150 across the country.
In a statement, the country’s biggest telecom operator said the portable Internet device is available at all leading Airtel retail stores across the country. In addition, customers will soon be able to order it from Amazon India. This price cut from Airtel comes roughly 3 months after Reliance Jio cut the price of its JioFi M2S by half in a promotional exercise.
The device requires an Airtel SIM card to work, and needs to be recharged periodically, just like the SIM card on a mobile phone. If Airtel 4G network is not available in a region, the hotspot will switch to 3G network. On its official web page, the company claims the device can connect up to 10 devices at a time, and delivers battery life of up to 6 hours.
Ajai Puri, Chief Operating Officer, Bharti Airtel, said, “Airtel 4G Hotspot” delivers a superior multi-device online experience, wherever the customer may be, by leveraging Airtel’s pan-India high speed data network. What’s more, it now comes at a great price with some very affordable plans that offer large bundles of data.
How to setup and configure Airtel 4G Wi-Fi hotspot?
It is quite simple and straight forward to configure your device. If you are already familiar with configuring wireless routers, there is nothing special here and you should be able to get started with this device without any help. Those who are not familiar with configuring wireless routers can follow the steps below.
Connect the Airtel 4G hotspot device to your computer using the micro USB cable included in the box. Then press the button in the middle of the device for a few seconds until both the lights turn on. If both the lights are not ON, press again and release after a few seconds.
When the device is ON and Wi-Fi hotspot is active, the admin screen will be launched in your default browser. If you don’t see the browser opening itself, try opening the default web server by typing the following URL: http://192.168.1.1/
Airtel 4G – Default User Name and Password
When you try to use the web management console of your Airtel 4G device, you will be prompted to enter the user name and password. The router is pre-configured with a default user name and password. You must enter this user name and password to access the functions from the web management console.
Default user name: admin
Default password: admin
- CP PLUS DVR Remote Surveillance
- gCMOB Apk for Android Phone CP Plus DVR
- CP Plus DVR Password Reset/Recovery
- Hikvision DVR Password Recovery/Reset Procedure
- CP PLUS DVR Wifi Setup
It is recommended to change the password before you start using the hotspot device. On the first login, you will be prompted to change the password. Every Airtel 4G hotspot device users will know the default user name and password and so better you change it as soon as possible. Simply follow the instructions and change your default password to a strong password.
Also, you may change the SSID to your preferred name so that your hotspot will be easily identifiable for you and your family members.
How to change Airtel 4G hotspot SSID?
Are you using an Airtel 4G hotspot device and like to change the SSID? Follow the simple steps described here to change your Wi-Fi hotspot name.
1. Connect your 4G hotspot device to your computer using a microUSB cable.
2. Launch the web management console on your browser. In most cases, the web management console is accessible using the URL http://192.168.1.1/
3. When prompted, login using your admin credentials. The default user name and password is admin and admin respectively. If you haven’t changed the default credentials, it is strongly recommended to replace the default password with a strong password.
4. Click on “Settings” tab in the web management console.
5. Click on the menu “WLAN” on your leftbar.
6. Click on “WLAN Basic Settings”
8. Change the SSID to any name you like. In my case, I am using the name “Techulator-4G”.
9. You may leave the security mode as “WPA2-PSK”, unless you are an advanced user and you know what you need.
10. Change the password to your preferred password that you can easily remember and also share with your family members/friends.
11. You may leave the option “Enable broadcast” so that others around you (family members) can see the hotspot name in their computer and connect to it. If you disable this option, nobody can see this hotspot connection in their mobile/computer but they will have to type it manually to connect to it.
12. Press the “Apply” button.
That’s all. Now check the available Wi-Fi connections in your mobile or computer. You will see a Wi-Fi connection with the name you just selected.